: Building Connections among Youth Leaders to Strengthen Social, Economic and Political Unity in Kenya
: Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya
: KES 1,500
: 06/06/2017 9AM – 5PM
: 15th May 2017
FOR REGISTRATION & MORE INFORMATION
: Tel. 0705 810802 or 0733 528004
As a dynamic youth-focused organization, Stride develops and implements solutions to problems facing young people in Kenya – putting young people in charge. We are dedicated to developing young leaders by providing opportunities for networking, capacity building and structured self-development. We also engage young people in discussing the major issues facing society and how to address them.
Participants of the National Youth Leadership Forum will be young Kenyan leaders between the ages of 18 and 35 selected from various institutions including youth-led NGOs and CBOs, tertiary institutions, political parties and religious institutions. The participants will be selected on the basis of their leadership skills and experience and their desire to become agents of change in future. At least 50 percent of the participants will be female.
The National Youth Leadership Forum will be an interactive plenary session in order to provide participants with maximum opportunity to dialogue, exchange good practices and establish contacts.
The specific objectives of the National Youth Leadership Forum are the following:
- To inspire youths to become champions of change and ambassadors of community leadership.
- To create a strong and diverse network of young future leaders and to develop plans for engaging with them and create support system for the same.
- To create a strong base implementer for Stride and AKD’s agenda for youth empowerment in Kenya, including a strong medium to long-term blue-print for youth empowerment.
- To enable young people in Kenya to input into the agenda and outcome of the Global Conference for Kenyans in the Diaspora to be held in London between 29th June and 1st July 2017.
The 2017 National Youth Leadership Forum’s theme is: “Building Mergers among Youth Leaders to promote Social, Economic &Political Unity in Strengthening Kenyan Market” which will focus on the following cross-currents:
- Entrepreneurship and business development;
- Gender (in)equality;
- Youth development & the space youth in the devolved government; and
- Volunteerism & vocational training.